Wanderlust

Wanderlust

Monday 6 January 2014

First Date in NYC

After a day in transit and done much needed sleep I had a lazy day, sleeping lots with a little wandering and shopping. Vera was arriving into NYC today and we had tickets to a show on Broadway called first date.
We planned a time to meet at the theatre, I had more luggage issues upon arriving into JFK so I was down a few items and needed to replace them so I wandered through times square hitting up forever 21 making a few purchases. The Disney store was looking less crowded so I though I would go have a proper look as I can out of the Disney store it had starred to snow.

If you know me you know how much I was hoping for snow whilst I was in NYC, what I didn't want was a blizzard that would nearly shutdown the city and throw a spanner into friends travel plans but more on that later. I decided I wanted to grab a bite before the show so found a little pizza place I ate at last time I was in NYC. They are one of a few that do Hawaiian so it was nice to have a touch of home, whilst eating I got chatting to the family next to me they were Blackhawk fans and since I was going to the game the following night we talked hockey a lot.

Vera met me not long before the show started we were able to go straight in. We had debated where to sit when buying the tickets turned out we got the perfect tickets they were second row and positioned directly in front of a take where the majority of the show took place. First Date was funny and witty, it had moments where you cringed with the character and in the end you get the happy ending outcome you know you want.

After the show I said bye to Vera she needed good and sleep (she only arrived from Sydney that afternoon). By now the blizzard had set in the roads were just white now and the snow was falling consistently. Instead of being sensible and going home I stood in the falling snow at the stage door. Zachary Levi the start of the show and also known for his charming antics in the show chuck (which I watched for years) was known for coming out and greeting fans.

We waited a while and Zachary came out, this is when I learnt that he is as lovely and humble as you would hope. He stood out in the falling snow singing and dancing making sure he signed everyone's playbill before taking photos with everyone there. He would have hung around at least an hour or more in freezing conditions to make sure he didn't let his fans down - pure class.

After that it was off to bed with the hopes of another sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment