Wanderlust

Wanderlust

Monday 6 January 2014

A trip to Orange county and New year's babble eve

I started out with a 4 am start to make my flight to LAX, hoping this time there would be no delays, my luggage would show up with me and things would just go smoothly. I arrived in L.A.with no problems, connected to my shuttle and was soon on my way to Brea. Brea is in Orange county about 20 mins from Disneyland, my only reason for going to Brea was for the new years show I was going to.

I arrived in Brea extremely tired but unable to check in (most places in the US have a check in time of 4 pm) so I asked them to call me a taxi and I headed to Brea mall for some shopping and a bite to eat. I shopped a little bit really was just exhausted, I found a great little good court with fresh food (one reason to love California) I was able to create my own stir fry and it was so nice to have vegetables again.

I heeded back to my hotel ready to check in, checked in made a few calls then had a quick 30 minute nap hoping it would get me through till after midnight. After my very quick nap i had a shower, packed my stuff (I would be getting picked up at 3 am to head back to LAX) then started my walk to the venue.

There was already some people in line when I arrived so I lined up behind them it didn't take long till we got chatting or me entertaining them highlighting the differences between words in our cultures. Ryan, Michelle and Adrian were lovely and asked me to sit with them for dinner and during the show.

To explain Hollywood babble on to those who have no idea, for the past 4 years I have listened to a podcast by Kevin Smith and Ralph Garman on a weekly basis, last time i was in California I made sure I caught the show as well. When I knew I would be in the states for new years there wasn't a question of where I would be spending my night.

We were the first ones in the door so had our pick of table,  We chose the front centre table, this table was connected to the table that Ralph and Kevin would be sitting at. Dinner was included so we got to eat our dinner before the show started, it was nice to have company for the meal and conversation flowed easily.

Once the show started I was in for so many laughs, I was lucky enough to receive the first shout out of the evening and got to hear a great Ed Wynn impression. It was Ryan's birthday and he also received a shout out. Once we got to the email bag section there was a letter from an Australian So Kevin thought it would be a good idea if I read it. Apparently it would be better if it was in an Australian accent, I tried my hardest to not do it but alas Kevin got his way. I do dread having to listen to the podcast when it is released.

After the show ended, I had to jump in line for the next show. This time the line went around the block and I ended up at the back of the venue. The site was different as Ralph had promised lots more laughs and a great way to bring in the new year. After we left the venue a group of people I met in the second line cane and found me to offer me a ride back to my hotel. All I can say is that the people here are beyond nice.

I had a great news year's eve, my shuttle was arriving in 2 hours and i knew the first day of 2014 was going to be long but I wouldn't change it, it was completely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment